Our School Council is an elected group of students from all year groups across the school. The Council meets every 2 weeks with one of the school’s Learning Mentors. Children prepare for the meetings by talking with their classes about ideas and issues which the students feel are important.
The School Council take ideas and proposals to the Head Teacher for consideration
The object of the New City School Council is to help our children to:
- enjoy and feel empowered by their education
- feel that their school responds to their needs and views
- have the opportunity to let adults know their feelings and opinions about things that affect them
- have a say about decisions, and to play an active role in making their school a better place
- develop life skills through participation