New City Primary School is part of the Boleyn Trust which is a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales under company number 10488603.
The registered office is:
Tollgate Primary School
Contact telephone number:
020 7476 1848
The aims of The Trust are:
- To deliver the highest expectations and outcomes for pupils in disadvantaged communities;
- To share resources across our schools to provide best value services;
- To offer staff excellent personal and professional development opportunities across our schools;
- To offer parents outstanding school choices to nurture pride and aspiration in our communities.
The Boleyn Trust has an established Teaching School offering strategic support to schools across London. It also has the East London School Centred Initial Teacher Training facility to train over 50 teachers each year.
The Boleyn Trust is directly funded by the Department for Education and is accountable through rigorous scrutiny by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and Ofsted.
Further information about the Boleyn Trust can be found by visiting www.boleyntrust.org.
- Boleyn Trust Audited Accounts for 2019
- Boleyn Trust Audited Accounts for 2018
- Boleyn Trust Audited Accounts for 2017
- Boleyn Trust Articles of Association
- Boleyn Trust Scheme of Governance and Delegation
- Boleyn Trust Master Funding Agreement
- New City School Supplemental Funding Agreement
New City Primary School has a Local Governing Body. The role of a Local Governing Body is an important one. It is to provide focused governance for the School at a local level and it is the intention of the Trust Board to ensure that the responsibility to govern the School is vested in those closest to the impact of decision-making. The Local Governing Body monitors the School's key performance indicators and acts as a critical friend to the Headteacher and the School's senior leadership team, providing challenge where appropriate.
Local Governing Bodies carry out their functions in relation to their respective School on behalf of the Trust Board and in accordance with policies determined by the Trust Board. The act of delegation from the Trust Board to the Local Governing Body’s is a delegation of powers and duties, and not a delegation or shedding of responsibilities.
Members of our Local Governing Board:
Chair of Governors
Vice Chair of Governors
Ms Jackie Dillon
Mr Bharat Hirani
Annette Massey Reed
Governing Board Minutes
- Thursday 10th December 2020
- Tuesday 14th July 2020
- Thursday 5th December 2019
- Thursday 11th July 2019
- Thursday 28th March 2019
Declaration of Interests and Attendance Record of Local Governing Board Members
Please find below the Declaration of Interests of Local Governing Board members serving, and those who have served at any point in the last 12 months. Governors are reminded that annual completion of the Declaration of Interests form does not remove the requirement upon them to disclose orally any interest at any specific meeting and to leave the meeting for that agenda item.
|Full Name||Term of office||Appointed as||Declared Interests||Attendance for 2018/2019|
|Tom Canning OBE||Ex-officio||CEO|
Contacting the Governing Board
The Governing Board can be contacted by either emailing directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to New City Primary School, Tunmarsh Lane, Plaistow, London E13 9NE.