School is open for ALL children
Welcome to New City an Outstanding Provider (Ofsted 2022)
We are a school with high expectations and aspirations for all our pupils. New City is a happy and exciting learning community that nurtures all pupils to achieve to be the best they can be.
The purpose of our curriculum at New City Primary School is to ensure that all our children are prepared learners for the 21st Century and are responsible global citizens. Our curriculum will introduce our children to the essential knowledge, skills and understanding that will help them develop a love for their lifelong learning. We want our children to be confident, resilient and independent learners and ensure that they have an appreciation of their own place in the wider world.
At New City we want our children to be proud and passionate about their learning and have a desire to be successful within and beyond the school day. Our curriculum is designed to provide an outline of core knowledge around which our teachers can develop exciting and stimulating lessons to promote the development of children’s knowledge, understanding and skills as part of the wider school curriculum.
The learning environment celebrates and reflects the high emphasis we place on reading for pleasure, the creative arts, sciences and sports. We teach music from Nursery and enable all children to learn a musical instrument.
We aim to reflect the diversity of the community we serve through strong and powerful community cohesion with high parental involvement. We also promote an understanding of citizenship and British values through school visits to central London, rural and coastal areas.
We encourage parental involvement in our learning through parent workshops, stay and read sessions to ensure that the needs of all children and parents are met. Workshops include online-safety, phonics and early reading and healthy eating. Our Family Centre is used to support parents with younger children.
We offer a large selection of after school clubs including robotics, photography, reading, puzzles, Lego, cheerleading, gardening, science, choir to name a few! We also offer breakfast and after school club which is open from 8am until 6pm.
In 2022/23 we had the best Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 results ever.
You are more than welcome to come and visit and look around this amazing place.
School day times
Arrival (Children to start lining up from 8:15)
|Year 1||Year 3|
|Year 6||Year 4|
|Reception||10:00 – 10:15||Reception playground|
|Year 1||10:00 – 10:15||Coronation Road|
|Year 2||10:00 – 10:15||Coronation Road|
|Year 3||10:15 -10:30||Coronation Road|
|Year 4||10:15 -10:30||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Year 5||10:30 – 10:45||Coronation Road|
|Year 6||10:30 – 10:45||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Reception||11:45 -12:30||Reception Playground|
|Year 1||11:45 -12:30||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Year 2||11:45 -12:30||Coronation Road|
|Year 3||12:30 -1:15||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Year 4||12:30 -1:15||Coronation Road|
|Year 5||12:30 -1:15||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Year 6||12:30 -1:15||Coronation Road|
|2:50||Year 1||Year 2|
|Year 4||Year 5|
|30 Hours||Enter through Nursery Gate
|AM Nursery||Enter through Nursery Gate
|PM Nursery||Enter through Nursery Gate
|Enter through Coronation Road||8:20|
|Home Time via Coronation Road||2:50|
Summary of advice for schools on Ramadan
Visitor Information - at present we do not allow any visitors on site
At New City we are dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. When visiting our school you will receive a ‘Visitor Information Brochure’ which will provide you with details of safeguarding, health and safety procedures as well as key information in line with current Covid 19 guidance. We hope you have an enjoyable and productive visit to our school.
Useful Downloads for parents:
- Cost of living support letter
- Information for parents from Newham Council regarding returning to school
- COVID-19 Public Health Advice for parents
- EPS Parent Advice Phone in Leaflet
Free advice and support for residents to stay well this winter
Autumn Term Dates 2023
- Sep 27th - Wonderdome
- Oct 4th – World Space Week
- Oct 4th – Reception go on a local walk
- Oct 11th – Harvest Festival performances for parents
- Oct 13th – World Mental Health Day (Hello Yellow day)
- Oct 16th – Y6 Into University
- Oct 17th – Y4 visit the British Museum
- Oct 18th – Open Day for EYFS parents
- Oct 20th – End of half term
- Nov 6th – First day of Autumn 2
- Nov 6th – Y6 at IntoUniversity
- Nov 8th – National Stem Day
- Nov 13th - Anti-bullying week + World Kindness day (13.11)
- Nov 13th – Y2 visit the Soames Centre
- Nov 17th – Children in Need Day
- Nov 20th – Road Safety Week
- Nov 20th – Y1 visit the local area
- Nov 20th – Y6 at IntoUniversity
- Nov 22nd – Individual photos
- Nov 23rd – Open Day for EYFS
- Dec 1st – Y3 visit the Thames Barrier
- Dec 10th -Human Rights Day
- Dec 15th - Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day
- Dec 15th – Child of the Term
- Dec 18th – End of term shows for parents
- Dec 20th – Last day of Autumn 2
- Jan 4th – First day back for Spring 1
Online Safety Advice for ParentsRead more >
New City's Big BreakfastRead more >
Nursery Visit Brampton ParkRead more >
End of Term ShowsRead more >
Reception visit the Olympic ParkRead more >