School is open for ALL children
Welcome to New City
We are a school with high expectations and aspirations for all our pupils. New City is a happy and exciting learning community that nurtures all pupils to achieve to be the best they can be.
The purpose of our curriculum at New City Primary School is to ensure that all our children are prepared learners for the 21st Century and are responsible global citizens. Our curriculum will introduce our children to the essential knowledge, skills and understanding that will help them develop a love for their lifelong learning. We want our children to be confident, resilient and independent learners and ensure that they have an appreciation of their own place in the wider world.
At New City we want our children to be proud and passionate about their learning and have a desire to be successful within and beyond the school day. Our curriculum is designed to provide an outline of core knowledge around which our teachers can develop exciting and stimulating lessons to promote the development of children’s knowledge, understanding and skills as part of the wider school curriculum.
The learning environment celebrates and reflects the high emphasis we place on reading for pleasure, the creative arts, sciences and sports. We teach music from Nursery and enable all children to learn a musical instrument.
We aim to reflect the diversity of the community we serve through strong and powerful community cohesion with high parental involvement. We also promote an understanding of citizenship and British values through school visits to central London, rural and coastal areas.
We encourage parental involvement in our learning through parent workshops, stay and read sessions to ensure that the needs of all children and parents are met. Workshops include online-safety, phonics and early reading and healthy eating. Our Family Centre is used to support parents with younger children.
We offer a large selection of after school clubs including robotics, photography, reading, puzzles, Lego, cheerleading, gardening, science, choir to name a few! We also offer breakfast and after school club which is open from 8am until 6pm.
In 2018/19 we had the best Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 results ever.
You are more than welcome to come and visit and look around this amazing place.
School day times
Arrival (Children to start lining up from 8:15)
|Year 1||Year 3|
|Year 6||Year 4|
|Reception||10:00 – 10:15||Reception playground|
|Year 1||10:00 – 10:15||Coronation Road|
|Year 2||10:00 – 10:15||Coronation Road|
|Year 3||10:15 -10:30||Coronation Road|
|Year 4||10:15 -10:30||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Year 5||10:30 – 10:45||Coronation Road|
|Year 6||10:30 – 10:45||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Reception||11:45 -12:30||Reception Playground|
|Year 1||11:45 -12:30||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Year 2||11:45 -12:30||Coronation Road|
|Year 3||12:30 -1:15||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Year 4||12:30 -1:15||Coronation Road|
|Year 5||12:30 -1:15||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Year 6||12:30 -1:15||Coronation Road|
|2:50||Year 1||Year 2|
|Year 4||Year 5|
|30 Hours||Enter through Nursery Gate
|AM Nursery||Enter through Nursery Gate
|PM Nursery||Enter through Nursery Gate
|Enter through Coronation Road||8:20|
|Home Time via Coronation Road||2:50|
Please can all children arrive in their school uniform and bring with them their remote learning and any hardware that has been borrowed from the school.
If your child cannot attend school because they are isolating then they need to complete their learning at home. The remote learning timetable for every child can be found by selecting the tab at the top of the page information for parents and then select remote learning from home. There you will find a timetable for your child. All children should try and complete at least 4 hours learning a day.
FAQ Remote Education Provision: Information for Parents - Click here to download
Staying safe on line information can be found at: https://www.childnet.com/young-people/primary/get-smart
Free School Meal
Visitor Information - at present we do not allow any visitors on site
At New City we are dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. When visiting our school you will receive a ‘Visitor Information Brochure’ which will provide you with details of safeguarding, health and safety procedures as well as key information in line with current Covid 19 guidance. We hope you have an enjoyable and productive visit to our school.
- May 23rd – Y5 visit to the Imperial War Museum
- May 25th, 26th, 27th – Y3 visit to the British Museum
- May 26th – Y1 visit the Fire Station
- May 27th – End of the Summer 1 Term
- June 6th – Summer term 2
- June 7th – Y1 Phonics Screening
- June 7th – Gamelan Starts for Y3
- June 8th – Y5/6 Brass Foundation Day
- June 9th – 10th Anniversary of the Olympic Games event
- June 10th – The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee at New City
- June 13th – KS1 School Council meeting
- June 13th – 15th – Y6 Stubbers
- June 14th – Y5 IntoUniversity
- June 14th – Y4 Multiplication tests
- June 15th – Gamelan performance for parents
- June 21st/22nd/23rd – Y5 visit the Natural History Museum
- June 23rd – EYFS Sports Day
- June 24th – Sports Day
- June 28/July 5th and 12th – Y2 visits to Southend start
- July 1st – EYFS reports to parents
- July 1st – Y5 Visit the Ben Kinsella exhibition
- July 4th and 6th – Parents’ evenings
- July 7th and 8th – Summer Shows – EYFS to Y5
- July 11th – 125th Anniversary of New City
- July 15th -SEND children visit Fairplay House
- July 12th – Y6 Show for parents’ afternoon and evening
- July 14th – International Day and Enterprise Day
- July 18th - Transition Day
- July 18th – Y6 Graduation and end of year party
- July 19th – Last day of the school year