School is open for ALL children
Welcome to New City
We are a school with high expectations and aspirations for all our pupils. New City is a happy and exciting learning community that nurtures all pupils to achieve to be the best they can be.
The purpose of our curriculum at New City Primary School is to ensure that all our children are prepared learners for the 21st Century and are responsible global citizens. Our curriculum will introduce our children to the essential knowledge, skills and understanding that will help them develop a love for their lifelong learning. We want our children to be confident, resilient and independent learners and ensure that they have an appreciation of their own place in the wider world.
At New City we want our children to be proud and passionate about their learning and have a desire to be successful within and beyond the school day. Our curriculum is designed to provide an outline of core knowledge around which our teachers can develop exciting and stimulating lessons to promote the development of children’s knowledge, understanding and skills as part of the wider school curriculum.
The learning environment celebrates and reflects the high emphasis we place on reading for pleasure, the creative arts, sciences and sports. We teach music from Nursery and enable all children to learn a musical instrument.
We aim to reflect the diversity of the community we serve through strong and powerful community cohesion with high parental involvement. We also promote an understanding of citizenship and British values through school visits to central London, rural and coastal areas.
We encourage parental involvement in our learning through parent workshops, stay and read sessions to ensure that the needs of all children and parents are met. Workshops include online-safety, phonics and early reading and healthy eating. Our Family Centre is used to support parents with younger children.
We offer a large selection of after school clubs including robotics, photography, reading, puzzles, Lego, cheerleading, gardening, science, choir to name a few! We also offer breakfast and after school club which is open from 8am until 6pm.
In 2018/19 we had the best Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 results ever.
You are more than welcome to come and visit and look around this amazing place.
School day times
Arrival (Children to start lining up from 8:15)
|Year 1||Year 3|
|Year 6||Year 4|
|Reception||10:00 – 10:15||Reception playground|
|Year 1||10:00 – 10:15||Coronation Road|
|Year 2||10:00 – 10:15||Coronation Road|
|Year 3||10:15 -10:30||Coronation Road|
|Year 4||10:15 -10:30||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Year 5||10:30 – 10:45||Coronation Road|
|Year 6||10:30 – 10:45||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Reception||11:45 -12:30||Reception Playground|
|Year 1||11:45 -12:30||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Year 2||11:45 -12:30||Coronation Road|
|Year 3||12:30 -1:15||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Year 4||12:30 -1:15||Coronation Road|
|Year 5||12:30 -1:15||Tunmarsh Lane|
|Year 6||12:30 -1:15||Coronation Road|
|2:50||Year 1||Year 2|
|Year 4||Year 5|
|30 Hours||Enter through Nursery Gate
|AM Nursery||Enter through Nursery Gate
|PM Nursery||Enter through Nursery Gate
|Enter through Coronation Road||8:20|
|Home Time via Coronation Road||2:50|
Visitor Information - at present we do not allow any visitors on site
At New City we are dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. When visiting our school you will receive a ‘Visitor Information Brochure’ which will provide you with details of safeguarding, health and safety procedures as well as key information in line with current Covid 19 guidance. We hope you have an enjoyable and productive visit to our school.
- June 28/July 5th and 12th – Y2 visits to Southend start
- June 30th – New to Reception 9 – 10 (external)
- July 1st – EYFS reports to parents
- July 1/4/7th– Y5 Visit the Ben Kinsella exhibition
- July 4th and 6th – Parents’ evenings
- July 4th – 6th – New City choir performs at the Horse Guard Parade
- July 8th – Summer Shows – EYFS to Y5
- July 8th – Cheerleading Competition
- July 11th – Child of the Term
- July 11th – 125th Anniversary of New City
- July 14th – New City choir performs at the Guildhall
- July 15th -SEND children visit Fairplay House
- July 12th – Y6 Show for parents’ afternoon and evening
- July 14th – International Day at New City as part of NC125. School will close at 2pm and reopen for the event at 2:30
- July 15th – Year 6 Graduation (11am)
- July 15th – EYFS Carnival as part of NC125
- July 14th – International Day and Enterprise Day
- July 18th - Transition Day
- July 18th – Y6 leavers disco
- July 19th – Last day of the school year
- September 2nd – First Day back for ALL children except HUB children due to staff training